In accordance with Part 7 of Article 9 of the Federal Law No. 3-FZ of February 7, 2011 "On the Police" public councils shall be formed with the federal executive body in charge of internal affairs and its territorial bodies. They are designed to ensure the harmonization of socially important interests of citizens and all levels of government, social associations, and human rights, religious and other organizations, including professional associations of entrepreneurs, to address the most important issues of the Police activities.
Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 668 of May 23, 2011 "On Public Councils with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation and its territorial bodies" defines the legal status of the Public Council with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation and the public councils with territorial bodies of the Ministry, the order of their formation, the main tasks, the rights of public councils and their members.
Pursuant to the Decree public councils were established with territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation at federal district, inter-regional, regional and district levels. At the moment, they comprise more than 14.5 thousand members (14,639), including 166 people at the federal district level, 141 people at the interregional level, 1,776 people at the regional level, and 12,556 people at the district level.
Decree of the President of the Russian Federation No. 1027 of July 28, 2011 approved the Regulation of the Public Council with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation. The Public Council with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation became the first and only public council with a federal executive body, the Regulation on which was approved by the Head of State.
For the first time ever the Public Council with the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation was composed based on the suggestions of public organizations and citizens, after considering the results of consultation with the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation and the Presidential Council of the Russian Federation for Civil Society Institutions and Human Rights.
The Public Council with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation consists of people possessing extensive life experience and having well-earned authority, able to contribute to mentoring and education of employees, to set the best examples of arts and culture. They are well-known human rights activists, prominent educators, scientists and artists, representatives of traditional religions and media.
Members of the Public Council with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation:
1. Konstantin V. Abramov - First Deputy General Director of All-Russian Public Opinion Research Center.
2. Ludmila M. Alexeyeva - Chair of the Moscow Helsinki Group.
3. Victor V. Blazheev - Rector of Moscow State University of Law by the name O.E. Kutafin.
4. Alexander V. Brechalov - President, All-Russian Public Organization of Small and Medium Enterprises "Support of Russia".
5. Alexei A. Venediktov – Editor-in-Chief of radio station "Echo of Moscow".
6. Andrei K. Gnatiyuk - President of "IMA Group".
7. Vladislav V. Grib - Deputy Secretary of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation.
8. Aaron Y. Gurevich - Head of the Division of Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia on cooperation with the Armed Forces, Emergency and Law Enforcement agencies.
9. Alexey G. Zabelin – Rector of the Moscow Finance and Law Academy.
10. Anton A. Zlatopolsky - Deputy General Director of "RTR", director of "STC" channel "Russia".
11. Nikita B. Ivanov - Director of NCO "National Laboratory of Foreign Policy".
12. Maria V. Kannabikh - Chair of the Presidium of the Russian public organization "Council of public monitoring commissions".
13. Demuri G. Kirtadze - Chief Physician of "Hospital for War Veterans No. 1 of the Moscow Health Department".
14. Kirill A. Kleimenov - Deputy General Director, Director of Information programs of "First Channel".
15. Nikolai I. Kondratov - Chairman of the Board of Directors of JSC "Moscow Sporting Club".
16. Pavel P. Krasnorutskiy - Chairman of the All-Russian public organization "Russian Union of Youth".
17. Alexei L. Kudrin - Chairman of the All-Russian public organization "Committee of Civil Initiatives".
18. Andrey I. Kunitsyn - Director of Social and Legal Broadcasting of "NTV".
19. Mark A. Kurtser - a Corresponding Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences, created a network of clinics, "Mother and Child", the curator of Perinatal Medical Center in Moscow.
20. Anatoly G. Kucherena – Chairman of the Public Chamber Commission on public control over activity of law enforcement bodies, power agencies and reform of the judicial-legal system
21. Marianna A. Maksimovskaya - Deputy Editor-in-Chief of JSC " REN-TV channel”.
22. Svetlana V. Myronyuk – Editor-in-Chief of "RIA Novosti".
23. Dmitry A. Muratov – Editor-in-Chief of "Novaya Gazeta".
24. Natalia A. Narochnitskaya - President of the nonprofit public organization " “Historical Perspective Foundation".
25. Alexander A. Oslon - President of Public Opinion Fund.
26. Mikhail V.Ostrovskiy - First Deputy Secretary of the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation.
27. Edward V. Petrov - Deputy Director - Head of Legal Programs release of Information Programs Directorate, STC "Channel" Russia ".
28. Sergey V. Privalov (Father Sergius) - Acting Chairman of the Synodal Department for Relations with the Armed Forces and law enforcement agencies of the Moscow Patriarchate.
29. Henry M. Reznik - President of nongovernment nonprofit organization Moscow City Bar Association.
30. Konstantin V. Remchukov - CEO and Editor in Chief of "Nezavisimaya Gazeta".
31. Andrey N. Romanenko - Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the of the Miloserdie Charitable Foundation for social programs support.
32. Haris A. Saubyanov - Deputy Chairman of the Spiritual Administration of Muslims of European Russia (DUMER).
33. Vladimir R. Solovyev – a journalist and a public figure.
34. Vladimir N. Sungorkin - CEO and Editor-in-Chief of CJSC Publishing House "Komsomolskaya Pravda".
35. Vladimir V. Tyulin - Director of Information and Advertising Department of JSC "NK" Rosneft ".
36. Alexander A. Fayfman - First Deputy General Director, General Producer of OOO "First Channel".
37. Vladislav A. Fronin – Editor-in-Chief of "Rossiyskaya Gazeta".
38. Yuri Yu. Shalimov - Vice-President of "Creative Association Red Star".
All materials of the site of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation may be reproduced in any media, on Internet servers or in any other media without restrictions on the volume and timing of the publication.
This permission equally applies to newspapers, magazines, radio stations, TV channels, sites and pages on the Internet. The only prerequisite for a reprint or relay is a reference to the source.
For reprints no prior permission from the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation is required.